Have you ever struggled to make a conscious decision on what to do in a given situation? Many things in life is not as easy as choosing multiple choice of true or false.
Some things must be tested by other methods and from different approach. Thank God I came across something that can help both of us.
As I was looking over some material to prepare for a youth session the following information stood out to me. The good news is that you came to mind. Whether I know you personally or not you are still special to me because you took the time to read this.
I know you may be in a hurry so let me speed on with this. The following is an excerpt from “The Teenage Q & A Book” by Josh McDowell & Bill Jones. I see these as things even adults can put into practice. It sure will help us live better lives.
“When you wonder if something is right or wrong, ask these questions. They will help you make the right choice:
1. The Personal Test: Will doing it make me a better or worse Christian?
2. The Practical Test: Will doing it likely bring desirable or undesirable results?
3. The Social Test: Will doing it influence others to be better or worse Christians?
4. The Universal Test: Suppose everyone did it?
5. The Scriptural Test: Is it expressly forbidden in the Word of God?
6. The Stewardship Test: Will doing it involve a waste of God’s talents invested in me?
7. The Missionary Test: Will doing it likely help or hinder the progress of the kingdom of God on earth?
8. The Character Test: Will doing it make me stronger or weaker morally?
9. The Publicity Test: Would I be willing for my friends to know about it?
10. The Common Test: Does it reflect good, everyday, common “horse” sense?
11. The Family Test: Will doing it bring credit or dishonor to my family? ”
That’s it for now. Be sure to familiarize yourself with these to get started on your way to better choices and a successful life.
Please let me know what you think about this.
Take care until…......and God Bless ya
Are you ready to face eternity? If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour of your life and desire to make that commitment now please repeat the following prayer:
Lord Jesus be merciful to me a sinner. I realize that I have sinned against you and come short of your glory. I confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and I believe in my heart that God has raised him from the dead. I pray for your forgiveness and ask that you save me now and accept me into your kingdom. Give me eternal life today.
In Jesus Name, Amen.