ATTENTION :This Blog Will Soon Be Closed, Please Visit My New Blog At - http://InStepWithChrist.com:   CLICK Here

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Issue # 22 - Are You Going To Leave Any ‘L’ ?

Do you remember the person or persons that made an impact on your life? What did they do to influence you? I don’t know how long you had to think back, but I hope you remembered someone.

The question that is really burning inside me is, how do you want to be remembered? What trademark, tradition, character, accomplishment do you plan to leave behind? There has to be something that people will attach your name to when certain subject matters arise. You have to leave behind some footprints for others to follow.

If you purpose in your heart to walk in your true identity you will create a path that many will want to follow. Without further delay let me hurry on to our subject matter and focus word. Today I am shining the light on the word 'legacy'. Since you would not be here forever, I suggest you one behind.

Legacy:
1. Tradition, inheritance, heritage
2. Something immaterial, as a style or philosophy, that is passed from one generation to
another.
3. Money or property bequeathed to another by will.




"No legacy is so rich as honesty"
William Shakespeare



As you are reading this, the 2008 Summer Olympic Games, officially known as the Games of the XXIX Olympiad is now going on. I was watching the news one morning last week and they were doing a story the same day the opening ceremony was held. This story was focusing on the 1960 Olympics. Attention was put on a few athletes but one really stood out. His name was Cassius Clay from Louisville, Kentucky. At that time many people had no idea who he was or about to become.

He made his mark there and stated that one day he will become champion of the world. And that he did. Today he is better known as Muhammad Ali. The man behind "Float like a butterfly sting like a bee" and "I am the greatest".

According to Wikipedia encyclopedia, Muhammad Ali defeated almost every top heavyweight in his era, which has been called the golden age of heavyweight boxing. Ali was named "Fighter of the Year" by Ring Magazine more times than any other fighter, and was involved in more Ring Magazine "Fight of the Year" bouts than any other fighter. He is an inductee into the International Boxing Hall of Fame and holds wins over seven other Hall of Fame inductees.

He is also one of only three boxers to be named "Sportsman of the Year" by Sports Illustrated. He is regarded as one of the best pound for pound boxers in history.

He was a masterful self-promoter, and his psychological tactics before, during, and after fights became legendary. It was his athleticism and boxing skill, however, that enabled him to scale the heights and sustain his position for so many years. In 1978, three years before Ali's permanent retirement, the Board of Aldermen in his hometown of Louisville, Kentucky voted 6–5 to rename Walnut Street to Muhammad Ali Boulevard.

Bear in mind you may not rise to this status in life and become as popular around the world but you are still as important to mankind. Are you still with me, champion? Good.









Can’t you hear the music playing in the background as you walk through Life’s Hall of Fame? Picture this report:


Contributions___________________ Status
To Life________________________Mission Accomplished
To Family______________________Mission Accomplished
To Workplace___________________Mission Accomplished
To Church_____________________Mission Accomplished
To Society_____________________Mission Accomplished
To Nation _____________________Mission Accomplished
To Mankind ___________________Mission Accomplished
Fulfillment of Purpose____________ Mission Accomplished


O.K. wake up, Looks good right? But you haven’t arrived yet. I just wanted you to show you what it would look like when God shows you your legacy report card. Imagine living a life to be remembered for decades. When you live a satisfied life then you can say like Paul "7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing". II Timothy 4:7,8 (KJV)

Are you living like how you want to be remembered? O.K now go ahead and get working on it.

What was Dr kings legacy?
Non-violent protests for civil rights for african american people.

What will be yours? .....

Opening Ceremony of the Beijing 2008




3:25






3:11

Games

Alpha Drop - Play Now!

Score as many points as you can by destroying the letters before they hit the water at the bottom.


TENNIS



Coming next week: The series continues…letter 'M'


Take care until…......and God Bless ya

http://jamesedgecombe2.blogspot.com/



Are you ready to face eternity? If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour of your life and desire to make that commitment now please repeat the following prayer:



Lord Jesus be merciful to me a sinner. I realize that I have sinned against you and come

short of your glory. I confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and I believe in my heart that God has raised him from the dead. I pray for your forgiveness and ask that you save me now and accept me into your kingdom. Give me eternal life today.

In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment