ATTENTION :This Blog Will Soon Be Closed, Please Visit My New Blog At - http://InStepWithChrist.com:   CLICK Here

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Issue # 23- Have you tasted this 'M n M' ?

My how far have we come in this series From A-Z. Would you believe it? We are almost half way there. Thanks for sticking with me.





1:47



Suddenly you find yourself in trouble trying to find a way out. How in the world did this happen? Obviously you had no intention of being in such a place. Now what do you want to happen next?

Well if you are like me, I’m sure you want to be given another chance or be forgiven. You know the funny thing about it? You have been in this type of scenery a number of times. Let us stop and look quickly at this situation before the next one happens again, Oh I’m sure it will.

When you are going through this, there is a certain thing that is in great demand. The greater the trouble the more of this you desire to have. You find it in the letter 'M'. You probably received some of this in the last 24 hours, yes it is ‘mercy’. Mercy, mercy, mercy. Lord have mercy.

Mercy: Kind, forgiving, or compassionate treatment of or disposition toward others.
1.Compassionate treatment, especially of those under one's power; clemency.
2.A disposition to be kind and forgiving: a heart full of mercy.
3.Something for which to be thankful; a blessing: It was a mercy that no one was hurt.
4.Alleviation of distress; relief: Taking in the refugees was an act of mercy.


“Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy”
Matthew 5:7 (KJV)





Let’s look at a number of places mercy is requested:

- children from their parents
- student before teacher
- employee before employer
- in the hands of the law officers
- standing before a judge
- as a customer from salesperson
- man before God

I’m sure you’ve seen all sectors of life where this precious item has been requested. How many times has it been granted though? You know what happens? We love to receive it in abundance but scarcely do we give it. We do as though it is extinct or short on supplies when time to give it out. Have you ever caught yourself being merciless toward others?

Well I want to remind you that you have to also be willing to give it. Yes I know it is hard to overlook hurt and pain people inflict on you, or ill-treatment. Was there ever a time you inflicted someone and you deserved punishment? How did feel to walk away free? I now it tasted good to, much better than the plain M&M’s or the ones with peanuts.

The only way to be able to pass this on is when you reflect on the great and merciful Father. "Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;" 2 Corinthians 1:3 (KJV).

When you think about all you’ve done against God laws and compared it to the punishment you should have received, you should be able to testify that the Lord is merciful. "21This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. 22It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 23They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness". Lamentations 3:21-23 (KJV)

There is no measuring table that can measure the mercies of God. Adding to that there is enough to go around. "The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works". Psalm 145:9 (KJV).

Just one last thing before I go. I really must make sure that you know where to find this when you need it. "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need". Hebrews 4:16 (KJV). Always remember the throne room is there for you.


CD's /Books
http://tinyurl.com/6cxtp6

Audio books
http://tinyurl.com/6ovktx





Games of the week

Demon Attack - Play Now!
Protect heaven from the demons!







Free Online RACING Games





Bible Reading:-
Matthew 5:7
II Corinthians 1:3
Lamentations 3:21-23
Psalms 145:9
Matthew 18:35



Coming next week: The series continues…letter ‘N’

Take care until…......and God Bless ya
http://jamesedgecombe2.blogspot.com/

Are you ready to face eternity? If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour of your life and desire to make that commitment now please repeat the following prayer:

Lord Jesus be merciful to me a sinner. I realize that I have sinned against you and come
short of your glory. I confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and I believe in my heart that God has raised him from the dead. I pray for your forgiveness and ask that you save me now and accept me into your kingdom. Give me eternal life today.
In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment